Facebook is set to begin airing dedicated news content from major media outlets as part of its original video content initiative launched last year called Watch.
The shows are being financed by Facebook, but are being produced by news networks like Fox News, CNN, and Univision.
Here’s a partial lineup of what’s to come via TechCrunch:
- A daily news show from ABC News
- “Chasing Corruption,” a series from Alabama’s Advance Local that interviews watchdog journalists
- A weekly explainer program from ATTN:
- CNN’s “Anderson Cooper Full Circle,” a weekday news brief featuring Cooper and guests
- Daily updates from Fox News’ Shepard Smith and others
- A twice-weekly show from Mic
- Univision’s “Real America with Jorge Ramos,” where Ramos interviews immigrants from diverse backgrounds. Univision will also air a daily news roundup in Spanish.
This is part of an ongoing effort by Facebook to improve the platform and user experience. The company announced last week that is was removing the Trending news section from its platforms.